Tue, Oct 19|
Casa B Coco in Isla Mujeres
Reunite + Reset
Yoga and Wellness Retreat in Isla Mujeres
Time & Location
Oct 19, 2021, 12:00 PM – Oct 24, 2021, 12:00 PM
Casa B Coco in Isla Mujeres, Carr. Sac Bajo 73, 77400 Isla Mujeres, Q.R., Mexico
About the Event
REUNITE + RESET - BOOK HERE
It’s time to reemerge and unite with your highest self! Join Mara Olney and Maria Elena Cuevas on a soul filling experience for 5 nights and 6 days on the beautiful paradise off the coast of Cancun known as Isla Mujeres. With its white sand beaches and calm crystal clear turquoise water this island is the perfect setting to escape from the outside world and BE in pure bliss.
We’ll spend our days practicing yoga, swimming in the Caribbean Sea, exploring ancient Mayan ruins, jumping into cenotes, connecting with ourselves and each other through soulful conversations and deep belly laughs, all of which will reignite your soul.
CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
What to expect in Mara & Maria's classes?
Mara loves to teach creative Vinyasa classes with athletic elements and is also very passionate about breathwork and Maria’s teaching honors the traditional eastern elements of yoga while incorporating fun, energetic, strengthening movement with breath support.
Workshop 1: Bottoms Up! Yoga Inversion Workshop
Take your practice upside down in this fun workshop! This is for all levels, from beginner to advanced yogi you simply have to bring an open mind and a playful spirit. We'll tap into the power of gravity and explore the benefits of getting your legs and heart above your head as you enlist gravity’s force to combat it’s own downward energy.
We’ll start with beginner inversion variations, then make our way to headstand, forearm stand and handstand. Set the foundation of your inversion practice here.
Yoga Inversion Workshop will include:
Demonstration of all poses. Vinyasa warm-up. Review of high & low plank and their significance in inversions. Hands on assists to help you find correct alignment of poses for your body. Tips and techniques on how to build the strength and balance to achieve advanced yoga inversions.
Workshop 2: Lunar Acro: Introduction to partner yoga/acropeutics
Lunar Acro is the calm and beginner friendly sister of Acro Yoga. In a lunar practice, the flyer is passive and receptive to the acro exercises as a form of bodywork. Also known as acropeutics, the lunar practice combines the playful elements of acro with relaxation, partner stretching and Thai massage. You will experience deep stretching and elongation of the spine, muscles and fascia all while having fun! Each participant will experience basing and flying/giving and receiving.
A short 20 minute ferry ride from Cancun, lies the magical island of Isla Mujeres “Island of Women”, believed to be named by the Spanish who arrived on the island in the 16th century after findings of women statues and figurines. At the South most point lies the Mayan temple of Ixchel, for the Mayan goddess of the moon, childbirth and medicine. It was said that Mayan women would come to the island to seek blessings of fertility and health from the Goddess.
The best way to explore all of what Isla Mujeres has to offer is to rent a golf cart or mountain bike as the island is only 21km to circle and 4km wide. The island is made up of a community of the friendliest locals, fishermen, artists, musicians, chefs and expats. Its town is tiny, with only a few houses, street vendors, colorful shops and restaurants. For an underwater adventure, Isla Mujeres also has a statue museum called Musa.
- 5 Nights at our beachfront retreat center
- Group airport transfer including ferry and taxi to the hotel
- All meals from Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 6
- Daily Yoga classes and 2 Workshops led by Mara and Maria
- Shaman Blessing Ceremony
- Full Day Adventure (Mainland) - Discover one of the Mayan regions most recently uncovered ruin in ¨Ek Balam¨. Explore the Mayan ruins and climb this pyramid not yet over run by large scale tourism. The trip Includes lunch and a visit and swim at one of the regions most exceptional cenotes and a catered lunch
- Sunrise meditation at Ixchel Healing Temple
- Airfare to Cancun, Mexico (Airport code: CUN). Please do not book your flight until you receive instructions.
- Optional/extra activities you'd like to partake in such as surf lessons, monkey mangrove tours, zip lining etc.
- Travel Visa to Mexico - Not required for USA, Canadian, UK, and EU passport holders. Please check for entry/exit requirements based on the passport you hold (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Mexico)
- Travel Insurance (medical & trip cancellation) is mandatory to protect you in case of any unforeseen emergencies. Proof of purchase is required before trip departure.
- Gratuities for your tour guides